The Rye Congregational Church adult choir is a dynamic group dedicated to providing outstanding worship music September through June.
The Rye Congregational Church choir is a non-auditioned choir and welcomes all who have a desire to worship the Lord through song and would enjoy a great choral experience.
Rehearsals are on Wednesday evenings 7:00 ~ 8:30 PM, September – June.
If You Like to Sing – Join Our Choir!
* Choir Member Positions: Soprano, alto, tenor and bass.
* Physical Qualifications: Must be able to hold hymn and anthem books and carry light musical notes part-way across the sanctuary – must have sufficient vision to see the director 10-12 feet away.
* Experience: No applications will be accepted from persons who have not sung, hummed or whistled in the car, the bathtub or shower at some time in their life. There are NO auditions!!
* Beginning Wage: NONE – but there is increased satisfaction and joy in the service of God.
* Fringe Benefits: Social security – we can only promise you the security of social fellowship with other choir members.
* Hours: Wednesday evenings from 7:00-8:30 PM and Sunday mornings. There is an occasional opportunity for overtime.
* Retirement: Self-determined by printed notes getting too small, robe being too heavy, notes too high, sanctuary too hot or too cold, or the accompanist not being able to play the notes you sing. We are an equal opportunity employer!
* Seriously: Choir rehearsals on Wednesday evenings begin at 7:00 PM. If you would like to share in this ministry, don’t hesitate to show up on any Wednesday night.