The spiritual oversight of the church is vested in the Board of Deacons.
The Deacons, in cooperation with the senior pastor, are responsible for:
- The teaching, preaching, and administration of the Lord’s Supper (Holy Communion).
- Ministering to the needs of individuals and families through personal visitation, counseling, teaching, and the general oversight of church ministries.
- Assisting the Pastor in the preparation and administration of the Holy Ordinances,
- Evaluating the Senior Pastor and the music staff,
- Making recommendations regarding annual salaries and benefits of the pastoral and music staff after consultation with the Finance Committee,
- Assists the Pastor, when necessary, in addressing conflicts within the congregation, prepares and organizes the sanctuary, altar ware and other areas as needed for worship, special services and liturgical seasons,
- Is responsible for pulpit supply in the absence of the Pastor, and with the assistance of the office secretary, is responsible for all floral decoration, ushers and greeters in the Church
The Board of Deacons for 2023 are: Peggy Scott Chair, Ken Cormier, Vice Chair, Jim Carter, Secretary, Diane Maxam, and Jim Sheerin.
The Board of Deacons consists of seven (7) Deacons nominated by the Nominating Committee and elected by a majority vote of the congregation. Each member is elected for a two-year term, not to exceed three consecutive terms, with three elected one year and four the next year. The Chair of the Board of Deacons represents the Board on the Church Council.